Effective as of: June 20, 2018
Intersection and its affiliates may offer additional products or services. Those additional products or services will be governed by their own privacy policies. For example:
1. Information We May Collect When You Visit The Site
If you fill out a feedback form on Intersection.com, sign up for an email list or choose to communicate in another way, your information will be collected in order to respond to your request, feedback, or question. We will not share that information with any third party for their own use.
(a) When you visit the Site, we may collect information about the computer, mobile device, or other device you use to visit the site, as well as IP address.
- The Site also uses “cookies,” web beacons, tags and scripts, and other similar technologies in order to help us understand Site visitors. The Site does not respond to browser-based “do not track” signals.
2. How We May Use Your Information
We or our affiliates may use any information we collect to:
- Allow us to operate, maintain, or improve the Site, including administration, internal operations, troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical, and survey purposes,
- To provide you with customer service and respond to your requests, comments and questions,
- Comply with laws and regulations, and
- Maintain the security of the Site.
3. How We Share Information
“Personal Information” is information that can be used to identify or contact a single person. We may share any information, including your Personal Information, with:
- Service providers and sub-contractors to the extent reasonably necessary to enable us to provide the Services (for example, we use a third party platform to send email to our users; we cannot communicate with you without disclosing your email address to our third party email provider),
- A third party with whom we believe we must legally share information about you, or
- Other third parties, only if you have given us your express consent to do so after we’ve explained the purpose.
4. Sharing with Government Agencies
If we receive a valid legal request demanding that we provide a governmental entity with your Personal Information, we will attempt to notify you by email, if we have your email address, unless (1) providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law, or (2) we believe that providing notice would be futile, ineffective, or create a risk of injury or bodily harm to an individual or group.
5. Third Party Websites
6. Your Choices
You have choices regarding the use of information gathered on our Site:
(a) Your Choices Regarding Email. If you have given us permission, we may send you emails with marketing and promotional messages. You can update your communications preferences, including opting out of marketing messages, at any time by clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of these emails.
(b) Your Choices Regarding Cookies. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to accept Cookies from our Service for any of the purposes described above, then you can instruct your browser, by changing its settings, to stop accepting Cookies or to prompt you before accepting a Cookie from the websites you visit. Consult your browser’s technical information. You can avoid the use of Google Analytics relating to your use of the Site by downloading and installing the Browser Plugin available here.
The Site is not directed toward children under 13 years of age nor does Intersection knowingly collect information from children under 13. If you are under 13 years of age, you are not permitted to submit any Personal Information to Intersection.