Intersection Activates LinkNYC Network to Promote “We ❤ NYC” Campaign, Reaching 80% of New Yorkers
Intersection Activates LinkNYC Network to Promote "We ❤ NYC" Campaign, Reaching 80% of New Yorkers
Intersection, the leading experience-driven out of home media and technology company joined Governor Kathy Hochul, Mayor Eric Adams, business, labor, and civic leaders from across the five boroughs to launch “We ❤ NYC”, a campaign to showcase the city’s strengths and mobilize New Yorkers to make sure this remains the greatest city in the world. The citywide campaign will kick off with a celebration of New Yorkers who are making a difference — the “doers” — and will feature opportunities for civic engagement that everyone can contribute to. New Yorkers can get engaged at welovenyc.nyc.
Intersection has activated the entire LinkNYC digital street network to promote the We ❤ NYC campaign over the next several weeks. More than 4,000 LinkNYC screens, in all five boroughs, will distribute more than 50 different pieces of creative during the campaign. As the leading digital street network in NY, LinkNYC will bring massive distribution power to the campaign. Based on Geopath data, LinkNYC’s promotion of the We ❤ NYC campaign is projected to reach 80% of all New Yorkers.
The themes of the campaign focus on what New Yorkers can do to support the post-pandemic resurgence of the city and its neighborhoods. The campaign will establish partnerships with public agencies, nonprofit organizations, and businesses to reaffirm that New York City is the safest, cleanest, and most exciting place to live and work. Planned activations in the first eight weeks of the campaign include:
- Earth Week (week of April 17) kick off with NYC Parks of an ambitious expansion of support for the parks that will seek to engage a record number of New Yorkers in over 1 million hours of service to care for their parks. The “green theme” will be marked by co-branding with the Broadway production of Wicked.
- Community cleanups across the five boroughs in partnership with the NYC Department of Sanitation.
- Public engagement to vote for your favorite MTA Music Under New York performer in partnership with Shutterstock.
- Neighborhood business promotions in partnership with the NYC Department of Small Business Services, including the opportunity to “Shop Black” and participation in a competition to select the best menu items offered by New York City restaurants and caterers.
- Spread Love NYC, a campaign to engage New Yorkers through volunteer programs at local nonprofits and city agencies, led by NYC Service and New York Cares.
The We ❤ NYC campaign is led by marketing executive Maryam Banikarim, Andrew Lerner, and their team at MaryamB, working with the ad agency Founders, Grain Group, and Graham Clifford. Support is being provided from a variety of contributing partners here.
The We ❤ NYC mark is a trademarked adaptation of Milton Glaser’s design for the “I ❤ NY” campaign that launched in 1977. Both marks are owned by New York State’s Department of Economic Development, which made the adaptation available at no charge.
The news conference was produced by The Broadway League with support of the Times Square Alliance. It featured a performance by Anna Uzele, a star of the upcoming Broadway musical “New York, New York,” which features the iconic title song written by John Kander and Fred Ebb. Also performing at the launch event was Lucky Chops, a brass ensemble that is part of the MTA Music Under New York program.
The day will end with a lighting ceremony with the Empire State Building that will shine its world-famous spire in a heartbeat red, with a red We ❤ NYC heart in its mast.
A full list of supporters, and community and labor partners can be found here.