Who we are:
At Intersection, we are at the forefront of the smart cities revolution. Our mission is to improve daily life in cities and public spaces, with products that bridge the digital and physical worlds by delivering connectivity, information and content to enrich our everyday journeys and elevate the urban experience.
We pair our human-centered methodology with groundbreaking technology to design, develop, deliver, and maintain unique products and experiences in public space that deliver value to advertisers, cities, and consumers. Whether partnering with urban transit systems to revolutionize commuting and travel, with cities to transform how they connect with residents and visitors, or private developers to craft unforgettable experiences in neighborhoods and districts, our solutions are scalable platforms on which our clients can build the future.
What is the role?
We are searching for an experienced, dedicated and upbeat Paralegal, who will thrive in our fast-paced dynamic environment. The ideal candidate will have a strong executive presence with excellent interpersonal and social skills, while remaining flexible and easily adaptable to changing priorities.
In this role, you will provide support to the Legal department in a variety of functions and work collaboratively with our Legal team and with other departments. The ideal applicant will also have demonstrated experience working with all levels of internal and external professionals, handling strategic transactions, high-volume work loads, complex calendars and travel arrangements for senior executives. A successful candidate must be flexible, detail-oriented, a solid multi-tasker, polished and professional.
What you will be doing in 90 days:
- Learn about the company and the departments you assist;
- Manage our electronic legal files and ensure they are properly filed;
- Maintain executives’ contact lists, entering in contacts as needed;
- Review, draft and negotiate NDAs;
- Process legal bills and familiarizing yourself with legal budget;
- Log all subpoenas and litigation correspondence in database;
- Act as admin contact with the Board of Directors (emailing details of meetings, sending invites, dealing with their expenses, etc);
- Assist with some administrative executive support (telephones, maintain for team’s calendars and travel arrangements, ensure that outside individuals are entered into the visitor registration system, book conference rooms and clear conflicts when they occur); and
- Assist with general requests.
What you will accomplish in the first year:
- Negotiate Non-Disclosure Agreements;
- Negotiate advertising terms and conditions and generally support the Sales team;
- Support Business Development teams and RFP processes;
- Negotiate vendor forms and agreements;
- Fill out all required forms, including government, lobbyist and other required licenses;
- Manage legal budget and help prepare monthly analysis of legal spend;
- Negotiate engagement letters with law firms;
- Manage of all new and ongoing minor lawsuits and insurance claims;
- Assist with insurance filings, requesting and managing certificates of insurance and ensuring all litigation claims are filed with the appropriate insurance companies;
- Manage due diligence and data rooms for any strategic transactions;
- Be the “go-to” around the office for random questions and in-house “knowledge management” across different departments within the company;
- Provide notary, corporate filing, registration and other administrative support;
- Manages your own workload so you stay productive and busy, requesting additional projects if you have free time; and
- Understand our business.
What we are expecting from you:
- Bachelor’s Degree is required.
- Prior experience: The ideal candidate will have at least 2+ years experience within a corporate in-house legal department and/or 2+ years legal assistant/paralegal experience at a major law firm.
- Working knowledge of corporate transactions and inter-departmental functioning at a high growth company.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, attention-to-detail and positive attitude are a must.
- The best candidate is adept at handling sensitive information and working with multiple personalities while also being proactive, i.e., taking the initiative to solve a problem.
- Distinctive problem-solving skills, impeccable judgment and attention to detail.
- Ability to understand and a strong desire to learn about Intersection’s smart city innovation initiatives and corporate business goals.
- Independent, self-motivated with strong organizational skills and possess the ability to manage priorities and handle multiple tasks with frequent, tight deadlines, remaining calm under pressure and responsive throughout.
At Intersection we celebrate every voice that makes us unique and every perspective that makes us grow. It’s our shared responsibility to create an equitable environment where every employee contributes to the culture of the company. Our products and offerings impact cities across the world and it’s our goal to represent the diversity and differences that make cities special. We will be relentless in that pursuit, because together we are better. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, national origin, marital status, disability, and veteran status.